“Hardware for Image Processing” is three-day hands-on course that provide fundamental concepts and techniques for digital image processing and the hardware principles used in their practical implementation:
- Understand the constraints of programming hardware-based image algorithms
- How to manage and process two-dimensional data in hardware
- How to transfer an image flow in real-time
- How to integrate an image sensor
Who Should Attend?
Researchers, Lecturers, Scientists, Engineers and Managers that would want to use or plan to use image processing, and to learn the fundamental knowledge in image processing using FPGA.
- What is an image? Image formats, Structure and understanding…
- Hardware for image processing? Hardware architecture, Design space exploration (CPU, FPGA, GPU, ASIC). Hands-on Session #1
- FPGA design strategies for image processing. Design templates for successful processing operators and Hardware/Software co-design.
- Image processing apps and use cases. Hands-on session #2… Let’s try out some real cases.
- Hardware pitfalls. All that glisters is not gold… Some tips and tricks!
This course request the following prior knowledge:
- Knowledge of the basis of image processing (filters, convolution, …)
- Good knowledge of HDL languages (Verilog, VHDL, …)
- Good knowledge of C/C++ programming
- Knowledge of Linux OS
This training course can be taught in English, French, Italian and Arabic